It’s time again for MasterCrafter Junior with the kids (The How to Duo’s DIY spin-off from Gordon Ramsay’s MasterChef Junior)!
I prayed for a way to reinforce good behavior in my kids. God answered with the Follow Jesus Behavior Chart. Basically, there are footprints that represent each child, and 10 stepping stones that represent the 10 commandments. For every good behavior, for every time they show that they are following Jesus, they move up a stone and get closer to Him. Once they reach the first commandment, they receive a blessing/prize. We keep our “prizes” simple. For example, the last one was back-to-school shopping (something we were going to do anyway). My sweet kids still celebrate and get excited over the “little things.” We like to keep them ghetts and grateful.
- 5″ x 7″ index cards (you’ll need 11 of them for the 10 Commandments + the Follow Jesus starting point stone)
- Brown paper – I used saved packing paper from online shopping packages.
- Footprint images – I used this sweet feet website: http://www.iconsdb.com/orange-icons/human-footprints-icon.html
- Jesus image – Here’s the amazing website I used: http://biblestudy.pppst.com/gospels/jesus_feeds_5000.html
- Laminator pouches & machine
- Sticky tack
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS, KIDDIFIED
- Love God the most.
- Worship only God.
- Use God’s name respectfully.
- Rest and celebrate Jesus on the 7th day of the week.
- Love and respect your parents.
- Do not hurt anyone.
- Be faithful to your spouse.
- Never steal.
- Always tell the truth.
- Be happy with what you have.
- Get the whole family involved! Each child blindly picked their commandments out of a hat. My sister & her husband were visiting from Australia, so they participated too!
- They wrote each of their chosen commandments on an index card. They cut their index card & glued it onto the brown background. And finally, they cut the brown background into their idea of a stepping stone.
- I laminated everything.
- Using sticky tack, my sister helped me put the stones & Jesus picture up on the wall, just over the kids’ time-out chair.
Each child cut out a set of footprints & wrote their name on it. We used sticky tack again to put the footprints up. And now, we delightfully watch them follow Jesus everyday!
WE HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS, NO TURNING BACK, NO TURNING BACK!