I don’t hate Trinh.
Sure, I might do or say things sometimes that could possibly make you think I do, but I really don’t. Why would I? She’s the other half of the How To Duo!
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, I’m going to show you how to make a How To VooDuo Voodoo Doll. The one in the photos just happens to be one I made of Trinh. You can make dolls of your closest friends, your worst enemies, or even your best frenemies! The important thing is to not tell them about it. Don’t tell them and don’t tell anyone else. Trust me.
To make your own voodoo doll, you will need:
Leaves or feathers
Fabric, preferably from clothing owned/worn by your victim
Moss, grass, hay, or any kind of stuffing
Hair, nail clippings, or a tooth from your victim
1) Find two sticks to form the base of your doll. One should be slightly smaller than the other. The longer stick will serve as the body and the shorter stick will be the arms.
3) Layer moss, grass, hay, or stuffing on the sticks and hold it in place by wrapping twine around it over and over. It doesn’t have to be pretty, this will be covered up later on. (Side note: In case you were wondering, the stuffing I used is from an old stuffed animal that I tore open.)
4) Tear apart your leaves. Place the leaves along the length of the body and along the arms of your voodoo doll. Stick the leaves under the twine to hold them in place. If you prefer, you may also use a hot glue gun.
6) Cut a small face for your doll out of a piece of fabric. Use black thread to create a likeness of your victim. Glue the face to your doll. Another option is to glue a photo of your victim to the doll.
7) Find a place on your voodoo doll to put the hair, nail clippings, or tooth. This is a really important part of your doll, as this links your victim to it. If you’re using hair, don’t hot glue it down! It’s going to melt. If you collected a lot of hair, I suggest wrapping it in a piece of fabric to keep it together and glue the piece of fabric shut.
Luckily, I was able to get my hands on some of Trinh’s hair!
8) Add any final touches you’d like to help make your doll resemble your victim more. I made a mini version of the Valentine’s Day Heart Brooch that I know Trinh loves to wear!
You’re all done. Congratulations! You’ve officially lost your mind!
Not all voodoo dolls are used for evil purposes. The colored pins you use to poke your doll represent different things. In fact, the reason I made this one of my dear friend is to bring good things into her life. I made sure to use yellow and white pins!
Black: Negative Energy
White: Positive Energy
Obviously, this was all just for fun, so please don’t take it too seriously. However, if you do have a problem with it, I’ve got a black pin with your name on it! Ha!