I love pie. Like, I really love it. And if you’re like me, you have no business buying an entire pie, topping it with vanilla ice cream, and eating it straight from the tin while you binge watch episodes of Orange is the New Black on Netflix. Uh, yeah. I’ve never done that.
Our Apple Pie Apple is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and maintain a little control over your fat self.
To make this treat, you will need:
4 Granny Smith apples
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 stick of butter
1 package of rolled pie crust
1) Cut the tops off the apples. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the apples.
2. Unroll the pie crust and cut it into strips. You’ll only need one of the crusts included in the package.
3) Cut the pieces of the apple that you scooped out into little chunks. Do not include the core or seeds. Combine with the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
4) Fill your hollowed out apples with the buttery brown sugar mixture.
5) Lay the pie crust strips on top of the apples. Weave the strips so the tops are completely covered. Cut off the excess dough with a knife.
6) Place your apples in a dish with a little bit of water in the bottom of it.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
These Apple Pie Apples are a fun alternative to a traditional apple pie, but can be enjoyed the same way. Get yourself a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!