The How To Duo loves nothing more than making tasty meals from random ingredients we’ve already got around the house. You probably already have most of these things in your refrigerator, so this really is a quick and easy anytime recipe. Also, I found that preparing these delicious sandwiches was a great way to clear out some of my holiday leftovers.
You will need:
Ham (deli sliced or cut in chunks)
Pepper Jack cheese
King’s Hawaiian rolls
1 can of pineapple
3 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
1) Slice the rolls in half horizontally and place the bottom halves in an oven-safe pan or dish.
2) Layer the ham and pineapple on the rolls and top it with a piece of cheese. I used pieces of ham from a whole oven baked ham (because I’m fancy like that), but lunch meat ham works just fine too. I prefer pepper jack cheese for this recipe because the little kick to it is a nice contrast to the sweetness of the pineapple.
Put the tops of the rolls on.
3) Melt the butter and mix in the mustard and garlic. Drizzle this mixture on top of the rolls.
4) Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until the garlic from the butter mixture starts browning.
5) Separate, serve, and think about how much you wish you were in Hawaii.