My mom is a great cook… and she’s the How To Duo’s biggest fan! Mama Steel always makes this pasta salad, so it’s definitely one of my favorite side dishes to eat. It’s pretty easy and inexpensive to make. I like making it for potlucks at work because it doesn’t take long to prepare and it feeds a lot of people. This would be perfect for your Super Bowl party!
You will need:
1 box of pasta (penne, rotini, whatever. Just not spaghetti. Come on.)
1 can of olives
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
16 oz bottle of Italian dressing
8 oz Cheddar cheese
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
Ham (lunch meat)
16 oz bag of frozen broccoli
1) Cook and strain your pasta. Let it cool. I used whole wheat pasta because I like to pretend that I eat healthy.
2) Run your unopened bag of frozen broccoli under hot water so it thaws. You don’t need to defrost it in the microwave, just get it thawed enough so it’s not completely frozen.
3) Cut your cheese into cubes. Cut 4 or 5 slices of ham into small squares. Cut your tomatoes into quarters.
4) Combine the Italian dressing and mayonnaise with the pasta.
5) Add the cheese, ham, tomatoes, broccoli, and olives.
6) Mix everything together like your life depends on it… and you’re done!
You can thank me and Mama Steel later.
Don’t like olives? Can’t stand ham?
Change the recipe up a bit to make it your own! Leave us a comment and let us know what you’ve come up with! TSTL!