During breakfast yesterday morning, my kiddos asked about the 4th of July. We chatted about the history and meaning of this holiday – how this one nation under God came about, how lucky we are to live in the land of the free because of the brave, how important it is to thank our heroes for their service, and how we need to continue praying for God to bless the USA.
My little ones then asked if we could do a craft to celebrate the 4th of July. So I came up with the Patriotic Pencil Flag.
We call our family projects Master Crafter Junior time (our DIY spin-off of Master Chef Junior) – I give instructions with Gordon Ramsay mannerisms, and my huz judges and gives encouraging awards. It’s great family fun!
- Standard pencils
- Plain white paper
- Ball point pen
- Drawing & coloring materials
PREPPING THE MATERIALS FOR THE JUNIOR MASTER CRAFTERS:
- Fold the paper in half & draw a line 1/4 inch from the fold.
- Fold the paper into eighths.
- Cut the paper into 4 rectangles.
- Put 3 staples along the drawn line on each of the 4 rectangles.
LET THE JUNIOR MASTER CRAFTERS WORK THEIR MAGIC:
- They’ll draw & color the American flag on one side.
- Give them a patriotic quote to write on the other side.
- Funnel the pencil through the slot created by the staples.
- My kids will be waving their flags proudly & cheering loudly during the firework extravaganza tomorrow.
WE SINCERELY THANK OUR SERVICE HEROES AND THEIR FAMILIES. GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND GOD BLESS AMERICA.