My twin girls had a fun Pokémon themed birthday party! Their school allows kids to bring HEALTHY snacks to celebrate with their classmates. So we came up with (frozen) Pokémon Go Gogurt! There are various ways to execute this fun little project, but I chose to Pokémon go the easiest route for me. I used my mad PowerPoint skills and things I already have around the house:
- Plain white paper & color printer
- 2 inch wide clear packing tape
- Hole puncher
- Red ribbon
HOW TO MAKE THE LABELS ON POWERPOINT:
- Create a 2 x 3 inch rectangle (with red “Shape Outline” & no “Shape Fill”).
- Add a text box on the bottom with the word “GOGURT.”
- Do a Google image search for “Pokémon Go logo” copy the image & paste it above the word “GOGURT.”
- Add another text box with the message, “Celebrate _____’s Birthday with some.”
- Repeat steps 1-4 so that you have 10 labels per page.
HOW TO ATTACH THE LABELS ONTO THE FROZEN GOGURT:
- Print the labels & cut them out in 2’s, 1 on top of another.
- “Laminate” each pair of labels (ghetto style) with clear packing tape. I have a laminator but didn’t want to use up my cover sheets; well, seemed so wasteful.
- Then cut the pairs up into single labels & hole punch each one on the top.
- Tie the labels onto the frozen Gogurt with 5-6 inch long ribbon strips.
- Curl the ribbon ends & pack the treats up in the nifty little box they came in.